the Muse Recommends: Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer

Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primers

I surely hope that you’ve tried Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer by now. If not, I’m here to tell you that you NEED to check it out.

Available in a regular and a color correcting formula this brilliant primer is easy enough to pick up at your local drugstore (or get it today at CVS as there’s a Revlon Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off this week!).

Although a bit price at around $12.99-$15 depending where you buy it this little primer is well worth the splurge.

It comes in a glass pump jar which is a danger, danger, dangerous. I wish they’d rethink this bottle. I smashed one on my bathroom floor a few months ago by simply dropping it.

Outside of this it’s great!

The primer is a pearly shade of whitish pink but applies transparently or you can indulge in the color correcting formula which is a light, pastel shade.

Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer Swatches

This is a terribly interesting formula. It’s silicone-like but moisturizing with a soft, satiny finish that mattifies a little bit, blurs the appearance of minor imperfections, and pores. I have issues with silicone primers. It feels like a dozen tiny ants are crawling under my skin when I use one! However, this has a lighter silicone feel that works beautifully for me.

I also love it because it wears very well under BB Cream and foundation and creates a solid barrier between my skin and base which in turn prolongs its life.

If you haven’t tried it for some reason, I highly recommend it!

Great stuff!

Already use it?

Do share!

• 12/13/12 19:44 Sarah:

Why no “Muse Approval”?

• 12/14/12 9:30 the Muse:

it isn’t a review sarah, just a rec post :) if you check the post the reviews for each formula is in this post, the review features a muse approval. hope this helps.

• 12/13/12 21:41 Kendra:

How does this compare to L’oreal’s Studio Secrets primer? I currently am using that but I’m just about out… (also I have combination skin that tends toward being oily and blemish-prone)

• 12/14/12 9:33 the Muse:

it’s quite similiar but l’oreal’s version has a certain density, this is creamier.

• 12/13/12 21:44 Jessa:

Do you know how this compares to the MUFE HD primer? It looks really similar!

• 12/14/12 9:27 the Muse:

mufe’s version is moisturizing gel-like texture. This is denser, creamier, little on the silicone side.

• 12/13/12 22:49 Nikki:

I have used both and I have to agree with it, these are great stuff and better than the old primer they came out with! I love how lightweight it is and gets absorbed into the skin easily :D

• 12/14/12 0:13 Tiffany Martin:

Where’s the muse approval?

I love a good primer, so I’m interested, I like your description that it mattifies and perfects a bit, as those are things I like in a primer I intend to dumb BB cream on top of (: Perfecting a little tweak here and there until I’m pretty lol.

• 12/14/12 7:30 the Muse:

it was already muse approved in the review tiffany, this isn’t a review just a brief rec :) links to the review are embedded right in the post if you want to read the full review. hope this helps!

• 1/14/13 23:12 Tiffany Martin:

OKY now that makes sense ^_^ Thanks for explaining it to me.

• 12/14/12 0:29 Lorraine ER:

This is great to hear, I hope it’s on shelves for at least a few months because I have a decent stash of primer at the moment but only one that mattifies,which is getting low so replacing it is important to me! Yeah, that’s my excuse for buying this ;)

• 12/14/12 9:39 the Muse:

lorraine if you try lmk what you think! I really like it!

• 12/14/12 7:21 Anne C:

I’m planning to purchase this online and was wondering if it is any good. Thanks for the review!

• 12/14/12 8:15 carm:

CVS had the Photoready Color Correcting primer on Clearance for 75% off about a week ago. My store didn’t even mark it so you wouldn’t know until you scan it. It came up $3.49 at the register.

• 12/14/12 8:21 the Muse:

that’s awesome i stocked up recently at cvs but only got the bogo offer!

• 12/14/12 8:40 Debster:

I talked to a CVS employee about that! She said only things that go on clearance are based on how well they sell. I assume the slow sellers are on clearance though.

• 12/14/12 9:38 Kiss & Make-up:

Would it work on (slightly) oily skin?

• 12/14/12 9:39 the Muse:

def

• 12/14/12 9:39 Monica Dian:

wow everyone says this primer is great.
    decide to buy when approaching graduation.

• 12/14/12 9:43 the Muse:

my pleasure monica but this isn’t a review just a rec :)

• 12/14/12 10:07 Whimsical Kelly:

How would the color correcting version compare to Benefit’s That Gal? I love That Gal, but the price point on the Revlon primer is very tempting.

• 12/14/12 10:10 the Muse:

hi kelly, the products are completely different. textures, formula, color…really nothing to compare :-D they are two diff products.

• 12/15/12 1:10 Whimsical Kelly:

Good to know! If I see the Revlon color correcting primer on sale while I’m out and about, I may have to give it a try to see what it’s like.

• 12/14/12 10:19 Candice:

I may be the only person this primer didn’t work for! I’ve got normal skin and this just kind of fell apart when I applied it onto my face, literally – crumbled? Maybe I got a defective bottle? Poo.

• 12/14/12 10:36 the Muse:

aw that stinks sorry candice! I freaking love this stuff ;D

• 12/14/12 10:37 Beda:

Thanks for this review! I’ve been wondering about these two, but haven’t bought them since my experience with the photoready foundation and other drugstore primers was terrible. Gonna keep an eye for the next CVS Sale.

• 12/14/12 10:46 the Muse:

the foundation is craptastic, totes know what you mean but the primers are actually really good beda!

• 12/14/12 11:09 sataa:

I don’t know if you remember it or not I asked you on Twitter a few months back what drugstore primer should I buy and you recommended this one. I bought it and I am so happy with it. Thanks for the recommendation I really appreciate it that you always reply to my tweets :)

• 12/14/12 11:16 the Muse:

I remember sataa :-d that’s fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive been very bad with twitter lately eep! so behind on replies but I’m so glad you got this and like it <3!

• 12/14/12 13:18 rupert:

Does it cover pores?

• 12/14/12 13:23 the Muse:

see the full review rupert :-D addressed all of it in there. I hope this helps!

• 12/14/12 23:26 Sabrina:

hey muse, I have fairly tan asian skin. will the color correcting primer make my skin look weird? thanks

• 12/17/12 15:56 the Muse:

nope, pretty transparent.

• 12/15/12 1:45 blueraccoon:

I picked this up today, the color correcting version, based on your rec :)

• 12/17/12 15:54 the Muse:

brills! let me know whatcha think!

• 12/17/12 1:21 Miho Mallory:

I am so intrigued by these. Pastel, matte, moisturizing AND satiny? Sounds like a dream. But I’m a huge fan of Too Faced Primed & Poreless. You’ve tried them both right? Do you care for the Too Faced Primer or..? These are so much cheaper though so it seems worth a shot.

• 12/17/12 13:36 the Muse:

I actually like this better, both are great but revlon’s version I found more comfortable on my skin ;D

• 1/5/13 2:13 Miho Mallory:

I have to admit I was a little skeptical when you said that you liked it better than the Too Faced one but I got the color correcting primer this week and woah..you really weren’t kidding! I love this stuff! It isn’t as silky to the touch as the Too Faced but it mattifies so much better. Not to mention that it is an infinitely cheaper alternative. It also feels somehow more substantial and covers more space. Love it. Glad that you brought it to my attention~ Just wish it wasn’t in a glass bottle.. Gotta be careful.

• 12/17/12 18:22 Sara:

I loved this when I tried it, but I was broke when I ran out so I picked up Rimmel’s instead. The only thing I didn’t like about this was the packaging! It’s awful! Not only the glass bottle, but when I got to the end of it, I couldn’t move the tube thing in the bottle to get the rest of it out, so I had to break the top and use the tube to get the rest of the product out of the bottle. Definitely infuriating.

• 1/12/13 14:51 kathy:

do you think this is good for combo/oily skin…more so on the oily side? I use a Mary Kay face primer and I can’t really tell much of a difference?!

• 4/10/13 1:21 Michelle:

I have both. I’m not sure whether it’s the weather but midst applying foundation it turns my skin super dry and accentuates every pore. Hmm. (Using Revlon ColorStay foundation and switch it up with Nearly Naked.)

• 2/4/14 16:00 rosse:

Would it work on oily skin? when its not work can you tell me the best rec for my skin? :)