Sephora Friends & Family Sale 2013 November 7th-11th

Sephora VIB 20 Off Event

The Sephora Friends & Family Sale or the Sephora VIB 20% Off Event will start on November 7th and will end on November 11th, 2013.

Every VIB and Rouge members get 20% Off their purchase in store or online at Sephora.com. Cards are in the mail and should arrive by November 4th or some folks don’t get a card via mail but one via e-mail instead so keep checking your inboxes and regular mail boxes this week and next week for your code. They’ll be a code for yourself as well as one you can share with a friend but you must be with your friend for them to redeem it in store along with your VIB membership card. You’ll also be able to get your hands on the traditional Sephora tote bag that is free with your purchase while supplies last. The promo code for Sephora.com orders is VIBTOPIA .

I got this information directly from Sephora so it is accurate. There is no information about a sale for non VIB/Rouge members so this sale excludes BI members. If anything changes for BI members I’ll be sure to update you with information (Sephora has Tweeted that they didn’t forget BI members so we shall see what the future holds).

Happy Shopping!

If you have further questions check the Sephora VIB FAQ.

Disclosure:

This post contains an affiliate link.
Read my full disclosure statement here.

• 10/28/13 10:11 Erin:

It would be so cool if they did something extra for rouge members. I hope I get my card in the mail or e-mail soon so I can see. Either way though, 20% off is still awesome.

• 10/28/13 10:20 the Muse:

it would indeed as I’m a rouge member too but I’d be happy with whatever they give, 20 is plenty :)

• 10/28/13 14:17 Queen Bee:

So regular customers don’t get that discount? Only vib?

• 10/28/13 14:18 the Muse:

VIB/BI members

• 10/28/13 14:44 Queen Bee:

bummer :-(

• 11/8/13 17:01 queen bee:

I Didn’t get it and i’m a BI

• 10/28/13 15:58 Nicole:

Joining Beauty Insider is free, and you can unsubscribe from the emails (or send the emails to a spam account) so I’d highly recommend joining just for the 20% off.

• 10/28/13 16:36 Queen Bee:

I’m a beauty insider already.. am i going to be receiving my 20 percent?

• 10/29/13 13:04 Daphne:

So far, the 20% discount only applies to VIB/VIB Rouge, not regular BI members. Maybe they’ll do something later for BI members?

• 11/5/13 10:11 Barbie:

I am a vib but still haven’t received anything in the mail or email :((

• 11/5/13 10:32 the Muse:

just shop online using the code Barbie.

• 10/28/13 18:28 Danielle:

I received my VIB Rouge discount today and Rouge members receive 20% off, and a coupon for 20% off for a guest (must be accompanied by a VIB member). It also says that Rouge members receive a free limited-edition tote bag and special holiday gift packaging.

• 11/1/13 15:09 Racheal:

VIB’s get the tote too, not just Rouge. I’m only a VIB right now, and mine says I’ll receive the tote bag too.

• 10/28/13 10:18 Christina:

Thanks for posting this! I got a ton of gift cards for my birthday so now I’m totally waiting to use them!
    XoX

• 10/28/13 10:19 the Muse:

my pleasure :)

• 10/28/13 10:37 K.B.:

I hope they spoil Rouge members! Anyone can be a BI or a VIB, so I hope Sephora really comes through for its Rouge-status customers.

Whatever happens, I’m psyched and grateful for 20%. My cart’s been ready for weeks. lol

• 10/28/13 10:43 Sara:

Does it say whether the 20% off applies to sale or clearance items? I haven’t gotten anything yet and I can’t read the fine print in the photo.

• 10/28/13 10:58 the Muse:

typically you can use the 210% on sale items the card pictured is from last year so things could have changed but last year you were able to use it on sale products.

• 10/28/13 10:44 CatG:

I haven’t gotten anything yet but ahhh I’ve been saving up for months!!! Thanks for being the first to let me know!

So can I use the code I get to buy in store and then buy the stuff they don’t have in store online after??

I’m so excited!! Excited I get a code for a friend too!!

• 10/28/13 10:59 the Muse:

it’s one code for one use cat so you’d have to use it in store once OR online once. Of course you can always use the friend code for online purchases rather than gift it to someone.

• 10/28/13 12:52 CatG:

Yeah, that makes sense, thanks for clarifying that for me :) I was going to give my friend code to my mom, but I guess I’ll just take her with me to store so we can make a purchase later online :)

• 10/28/13 12:57 the Muse:

no prob! Happy shopping!

• 10/28/13 11:04 Samantha M:

So do BI users get this promotion for sure? I’ve read elsewhere that it’s just for VIB :/

• 10/28/13 11:43 Caroline:

Hooray!! Thanks for the heads up! I’ve been waiting for the sale and my patience was starting to wear thin! LOL

• 10/28/13 11:46 the Muse:

:)!

• 10/28/13 12:26 Ali:

Thank you for the info! Does it work on sale items too?

• 10/28/13 14:11 Kerry:

I got my card in the mail today and its a generic coupon code. nothing individual about it so maybe they’re doing something different this year.

• 10/28/13 14:19 the Muse:

that’s great news!

• 10/28/13 14:37 Lemon:

Hoping they will offer the $20 off $50 coupon like the previous years.

• 10/28/13 18:52 Emily:

I actually got my card in the mail today and there is a code to enter online that appears to be not a single use code. I actually received my friend’s invite by accident and hers had the exact same code: . It says it can be used online and in-store Thursday, November 7 through Monday, November 11 and in my envelope I got a card to share with a friend, but it says I have to be present with that friend.

Also of note, I am VIB Rouge, and my percentage was just 20% off.. BUT I was just recently bumped up to Rouge status (in the past 2 months) and on the outside of my card it says VIB, not VIB Rouge.

• 10/28/13 21:16 SirenPrincess:

According to Sephora Beauty Talk, Rouge get the exact same thing as VIB, the 20% off. But I haven’t heard anything about regular BI getting it too. According to people who have them, the cards are supposed to arrive by Nov 4. And the VIB one can be re-used but the one for a friend is only good in store once and the person must be accompanied by the VIB. I won’t know for sure until I get mine, though.

• 10/28/13 22:56 KayKay:

Mannn that is so lame they won’t get BI’s anything, not my fault I don’t make enough money to be a VIB like I used to! :/ grrrr.. ugh I’m depressed now.

• 10/28/13 23:03 Gray:

I got mine in the mail today and it says ALL orders so it’s not a one time use code. And like they said it’s a general code

• 10/28/13 23:10 the Muse:

I edited your comment Gray because I asked Sephora and they said codes would be unique (this comes from corporate) I didn’t want to include your code just in case it was unique and therefore someone would swipe it up and use it on you so I deleted part of what your comment JUST IN CASE. If coporate gives me information about a single code I’ll be sure to post that info but until I have official information it might be safe to not throw your code around online just in case it is exclusive to you!

• 10/28/13 23:16 amber m:

Wow, not that I’m not grateful for the 20% off but why does the sale have to coincide with IMATS Toronto(November 9-10),…(dramatic pause) why, Sephora …why?! (shaking raised fist in air)

• 10/29/13 0:21 Sophie:

I finally made VIB for the first time this year. I’m so excited for the sale!

• 10/29/13 4:33 sandy:

Ditto I reached VIB status last month…just in time to receive my discount in the mail! Got it today, SOOO excited to pick up some holiday sets :)

• 10/29/13 4:09 Cammie:

Thanks for letting us know! Been waiting for a sale! Do you know if it works in Canada? Is there a cut off date for when you are a VIB in order to be illegible for this sale? I’m a few dollars off so I might purchase something to push me into VIB status but im not sure if I’ll still get the coupon code since its so close to the sale date :P

• 10/29/13 9:15 the Muse:

just waiting on confirmation now for Canada Cammie so not sure. I’m unsure what the cut off date is…sorry.

• 10/29/13 4:29 cat:

Finally! I’ve been adding to my shopping cart for months now. Thanks for always being on the ball, Muse.

• 10/29/13 9:14 the Muse:

my pleasure!

• 10/29/13 8:34 Rosie in Brooklyn:

hey guys lemme know about beauty insiders sale i am a beauty insider too hey sister muse how are ya my dear xox Rosie ya sister

• 10/29/13 8:55 the Muse:

how are you rosie :)

• 10/29/13 11:23 Rosie in Brooklyn:

i am great thanks my dear the sephora is Brooklyn this weekend i am like all right coolness. xxox

• 10/29/13 8:48 Liz:

Thank you. I haven’t gotten my email yet. I thought it would be wrong for them not to give it to VIBs, so glad to see they took that into account.

• 10/29/13 8:51 Cate:

How do they know what address to physically mail it to? Is it like the default shipping address on your account? Will there be an event that occurs for the bags, etc?

• 10/29/13 10:26 Leslie:

Rec’d mine yesterday in the mail! Got my stuff waiting for me in my cart! LOL Happy shopping to you Muse! Thanks, Leslie

• 10/29/13 10:36 the Muse:

you as well Lelie! Happy shopping!

• 10/29/13 15:34 Iris:

Thanks for the info! I’m only a BI but this way I know not to wait around for a sale and to purchase items ASAP.

• 10/29/13 23:30 Magster:

I’m a VIB and I still haven’t gotten an email or the invite in the mail..I hope i get it soon?

• 10/30/13 1:12 Magster:

I am from Canada..and i still haven’t my VIBC 20% off yet ..and I know I definitely have VIB status..will I be getting it soon?

• 10/30/13 2:13 the Muse:

i haven’t a clue magster, I’m not really in the know about how sephora sends these things out. the universal code works at both sephora.com and sephora.ca if you don’t get the card.

• 10/30/13 4:05 Melissa:

Ok, I am so out of the loop. What is “Rouge” status? I’ve been a VIB for 3 yrs in a row but don’t recall hearing what Rouge is…?

• 10/30/13 11:40 Kelsey:

Can you still get the bag if you order it online?

• 10/30/13 11:44 the Muse:

I’m not really sure I recall last year that you had to be in store for the tote….but maybe this year you’ll get it online!? can’t confirm!

• 10/30/13 12:00 Kelsey:

Thank you!:D

• 10/30/13 12:03 the Muse:

my pleasure, last year the tote was quite nice, sturdy! I still have it!

• 10/31/13 9:01 Wen:

got my invite in the mail yesterday, it says that VIBs get 20% off on all orders, while the friend card is one-time use only, online or in-store (must be accompanied by a VIB). the totes are in-store only and limited supply, i never really cared for them but i know a co-worker that hits up 4-5 stores to get them.

my only grip, why do they make the sale so exclusive and hard to get? and what about BI, i feel like they NEVER get anything.

• 10/31/13 17:44 sasal:

i understand the friend card can be accompanied by a VIB in store, but how does it work online?

• 11/1/13 9:27 the Muse:

it doesn’t. it’s in store only for a friend.

• 11/1/13 19:23 Meg:

I think they reserve the sales for VIB and up to encourage you to get to the VIB level. It is like a reward for having spent so much there. I think it is more of a thank you thing.

• 11/2/13 19:33 sarah:

Yes it used to be you could give your gift pass to someone else for them to order online. This year I am not a VIB and I hate I did not get the discount.

• 11/3/13 2:03 MendiL:

I had just became an VIB in October. I still haven’t received my 20% in the mail. Or should I be waiting for an email from them?

• 11/3/13 16:50 Ella:

what if you don’t get a card in the mail or email? I am a VIB member and have not yet received anything and I am in Canada. Am I still able to go to the sephora store and pick out things and then still be able to get 20% off? please respond!

• 11/3/13 17:11 Marina:

I used to be VIB, sucks that I won’t be this year. Money has gotten waaaay tighter. Hope something comes up for us plebeians.

• 11/3/13 18:30 Lera:

I’m pretty disappointed that they aren’t doing anything extra for Rouge members. I think if you achieve rouge status you should be rewarded somehow. So far it seems there really is no incentive. I stopped by my sephora on Friday and one of the associates said that she heard that maybe they are doing some special event on the last day for rouge members. They haven’t heard from corporate yet though.

• 11/6/13 4:14 Claudia Yeung:

Im VIB rouge and I didnt get a mail or email :(

• 11/6/13 7:29 the Muse:

just use the universal code at sephora.com to get 20 off claudia

• 11/6/13 11:14 Alex:

Thank you for all the info! You are great. Can you please clarify if code to use is the word “universal” ? Can you please clarify that. I am also a VIB rouge and have not received any emails or mail with the discount codes :(

• 11/6/13 20:19 Livvy loo:

Hi what is the universal code? im so confused :)

• 11/6/13 12:20 Liz:

I was planning on shopping at midnight tonight. Do you have any ideas as to which time zone the Sephora website is on? I’m assuming it’s PST, like everything else which means I’ll have to wait until 2am Chicago time.. But I have a BIG list and don’t want anything to sell out! I won’t have time to shop in stores… :(

• 11/7/13 13:21 sara:

Bummer i wish they would do SOMETHING for the Beauty Insiders. I end up spending my money at beauty.com etc where they do offer the 20%

• 11/7/13 19:10 Alma Torres:

Why has sephora become so stingy with its longtime customers and fans? This is why I have taken my business to Ulta.