Sephora Upside Down Mascara What the What?

Sephora Upside Down Mascara

Diana Ross said it best upside down, inside out and cats living with dogs today courtesy the Sephora Upside Down Mascara. What the what?! Upside Down Mascara?

Word, there’s a new Sephora Upside Down Mascara.

Who even knows what will happen after this, I know my beauty world will never be the same!

The new Sephora Upside Down Mascara ($22) is either a gimmick or a serious tool for mass destruction I haven’t decided yet but if it helps me to take over the world universe I’m all hands in.

This new double brush mascara creates three looks in one by adding volume, length, curl, and definition for an extra $10 it does dishes and cleans litter boxes. I may or may not be kidding about that last part.

Use the open wand by placing lashes between the upper and lower mascara brushes to coat each lash with 360° of volumizing mascara. To get a wider eyed look use the dual brush closed and create defined lower lashes with the brush closed as well. Feeling like you can walk and chew gum at the same time? In that case use all three techniques together for a maximized lash effect just not at the same time as that sounds like you might hurt yourself trying.

open

Sephora Upside Down Mascara close

I’ve looked into my magical eight ball and it reads….DISASTER, TURN BACK NOW.

This sounds messy but intriguing.

Thoughts?

Available now at Sephora and Sephora.com.

Wait, I shook again magic eight ball says it’s almost time for Supernatural.

k, thanks.

Done.

Wait…

Something else is coming through…

Magic Eight Balls says…

If all else fails you can use Sephora Upside Mascara to toss salad.

Oh cool! Really multitasking!

Disclosure:

This post contains an affiliate link.
Read my full disclosure statement here.

• 1/9/14 11:15 Dee:

Ridiculous! I see smudges all over my eyelid.

• 1/9/14 22:24 Angel:

This! +1000
      I stared at this on their website last night and just guffawed. That sandwich technique, oh lawd! I can only imagine the disaster.

• 1/9/14 11:17 Chloe V:

I don’t see how you wouldn’t likely get mascara all over your eyelids. Or possibly poke out your corneas. I foresee eye injuries.

• 1/9/14 11:24 Isabella Muse:

our magic eight ball be correct Chloe :-D

• 1/9/14 11:23 Nicole:

I can only imagine the mess of mascara that would end up all over my eye lid…

• 1/9/14 11:27 Jody:

Lol. This was funny. Since I have four cats, I’m liking the idea of it cleaning the litter boxes.

This is probably gimmicky, but I’m a sucka and will bite. I will end up buying, and probably be disappointed. I have the most straight lashes, and the only thing that gives me good results is curling, followed by waterproof mascara, or even better, one of the majolica Majorca mascaras (which thanks to you I know about).
    But again, I’m a sucka and I will have to try this salad spinner, er mascara.

• 1/9/14 11:45 Isabella Muse:

me too, pay a little extra and you get the works :-D LOL! I’ll totally end up buying this and be disappointed but enjoying the adventure of it lol! :-D LOL!!!!!!

• 1/9/14 11:29 Kristen:

This looks like some kind of ancient torture device. And yet I am so very intrigued. I can tell I am going to have a massive internal debate about getting this mascara. It would be pretty awesome if it could actually toss a salad and do the dishes. Lol.

• 1/9/14 11:44 Isabella Muse:

see? multitasking baby multitasking!

• 1/9/14 11:31 Sara:

I feel like it’s just like that crazy Avon mascara. The basic spoolie method has been working forever. Don’t fix what isn’t broken!

• 1/9/14 11:32 Amy:

I’m pretty sure this is blindness in a bottle (poke! jab! ow!)

• 1/9/14 11:45 KC:

I agree with the consensus. 1) A mess of mascara on the eyelids 2) eye injuries. I think I’ll stick with “They’re Real” by Benefit. If you haven’t tried it, you should. I love it :-D

• 1/9/14 11:47 Isabella Muse:

I have indeed KC :)

• 1/9/14 12:17 Kitsch Vixen:

Not gonna lie, I will most definitely be trying this nonsense out… but I stab myself in the eye all the time with the “They’re Real” brush, so this may be messy. If you don’t hear from me in the next month, send in reinforcements!

• 1/9/14 12:20 Isabella Muse:

I’ll give two weeks if you aren’t out at that time I’m coming in!

• 1/9/14 12:21 Littlecreek81:

That applicator frightens me. I think I’ll take my Magic 8 ball under my desk and hide….

• 1/9/14 12:35 Isabella Muse:

lol!

• 1/9/14 13:55 Beauty Maven:

I can’t wait to try this, but I just don’t know how you won’t get it ALL OVER your eyelid!! Crazy.. someone was drunk when they ok’ed this one, lol.

• 1/9/14 13:57 Isabella Muse:

or completely genius lol!

• 1/9/14 14:06 Beauty Maven:

Funny how often those go together, ha! =)

• 1/9/14 14:47 Isabella Muse:

;-D!

• 1/9/14 13:57 Deb:

If they do this in anything other than black, I’ve GOT to try it. There’s no way to let something this wacky pass me by without giving it a try.

• 1/9/14 13:57 Isabella Muse:

I AGREE! How can you NOT try this!?

• 1/9/14 16:46 Sarah Reyes:

OMG! This looks scary and interesting at the same time but I’m sooo excited to try :-)

• 1/9/14 17:17 Miss D:

Yep, this is gonna be messy!
    You use this like an eyelash curler right (clamp down at the base of your lashes)? If that’s the case, one can’t help but get goop at the base of their eyelid/eyelashes…HOWEVER, the last two millimeters of length at the ends of your lashes, well, that may come out nice indeed! :P
    I really hope you received the holiday emails I sent you Muse (but I have selfish reasons for saying this…one of the emails had two photos of “yours truly” in it). :)

• 1/9/14 18:58 Olivia:

Wow this looks insane! Can’t wait to see people use this.

• 1/9/14 20:40 fancie:

Lol @ these comments! I totally agree. This looks awkward and sounds hard to use. I still don’t get the purpose lol

• 1/9/14 20:51 Gabby:

I hurt myself every third time I try using the Benefit mascara…so I will definitely be passing. Lol. I would like to keep my eyes in working condition and this torture device *ahem* wand would probably not let that happen. :D I have all the respect for anyone who can manage to use it though!

• 1/9/14 23:05 Phyrra:

I want to see a video tutorial of this bad boy! Someone has to get it.

• 1/10/14 16:35 Mithila:

Sounds like something Alice (in wonderland) might use! I JUST STARTED WATCHING SUPERNATURAL AND OH MY, MUSE, I AM HOOKED.

• 1/14/14 15:47 Isabella Muse:

oh catch up catch up so we can discuss ;D

• 1/12/14 12:21 Denise:

Huh??? For me, that has disaster written all over it as I rarely get mascara on my lashes without making a big mess! it does have potential for an interesting “demo” post, though, right? LOL

• 1/12/14 20:47 Nicole:

Oh my gosh! LOL! First of all I can injure myself with a regular mascara wand, I don’t need an extra wand in the form of a tweezer to help me!
    I am following the advice of the Muse and the Magic Eight Ball and going to watch some Supernatural and sticking with my Bare Essentials Buxom Lash mascara. :)
    I can’t wait to hear some reviews from those of you who do give it a try! :)

• 1/13/14 9:57 Isabella Muse:

hehe nicole can’t wait for SN to return :-D I’ll def try this although I can’t promise I won’t poke an eye out with it :D

• 1/13/14 12:34 Nicole:

I have the SN DVDs, got seasons 1 – 8 as a gift, so I will just pop one of those in for now. ;)
        Good luck trying the new mascara, if you come back with an eyepatch no need to explain… LOL Just messing with you, I am sure you will do great with it! :D Can’t wait for the review!

• 1/13/14 12:52 Isabella Muse:

fun!!!!!!!!! ;-D I’ve been wanting to buy but thought I’m so deep into it now and already seen every episode anyway I’ll just wait until they do some master box set when the series ends :-D LOL….! thanks :-D but ya never know I’ll poke my eye out prob hehe!

• 1/14/14 6:06 Megan:

Oh Lordy! This mascara is terrible! I should have known…but I’m always a sucker for something new and different. This mascara is a wet, gloppy mess – even with wiping the glops off before use, the application was still a disaster. I’ve worked as a pro artist, and I have long eyelashes, so I thought for sure I would be able to make this work, even if it turned out to be a bit difficult for the average new makeup user. Nope. It’s bad. Like really really bad. In fact, I’m returning it, and in 18 years or wearing, buying and collecting makeup, this will be the first time I’ve sent something back.

• 1/14/14 8:59 Isabella Muse: