The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018 has begin for cardholders. Well actually, it started yesterday in stores but today at nordstrom.com you can start shopping too! That means if you’re a Nordstrom Credit Card holder you can shop first, early, until July 19. Everyone else you can start shopping on July 20th!
In my opinion the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale has changed dramatically over the years. They used to get a lot of really cool exclusives but the “sale” actually evolved into a sale as they do offer discounts on certain items where as before this was not the case and items were all full-price. A perfect example of this is the killer, KILLER deal on the Simple Human Eight Inch Sensor Mirror with Brightness Control which is $134 (originally $200). They actually had this on sale last year and I raved about it in a post. I have two Simple Human mirrors and I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love them. I realize $134 for a mirror seems insane to some people but truly this thing is a beauty life changer. It’s such a great tool for skincare application, plucking stray hairs, blending eyeshadow, and more. I swear you can see every little pore, hair, and other imperfection on your face with this. The magnification is incredible plus the light is very bright (and adjustable). It’s actually a tool I’d never thought I’d use when I originally tried it out but now I can’t imagine my beauty life without it. This is an excellent deal and should be high on your Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Wish List.
Here are more goodies to look out for.
More and more I’m seeing niche fragrance houses introducing Discovery Sets and I can’t love this idea enough! I recently featured The Montale Discovery Set and I’m happy to report Creed is doing the same during the Anniversary Sale. It’s such a great way to discover and experience an luxury fragrance without the huge price tag. The Creed Women’s Fragrance Discovery Coffret includes six mists for $70 in the following scents:
- Acqua Fiorentina
- Aventus for Her
- Love in Black
- Love in White
- Royal Princess Oud
- Spring Flower
There’s all a Creed Mens Fragrance Discovery Coffret set as well!
Speaking of fragrance discovery sets the Aerin Beauty Five-Piece Fragrance Discovery Set ($115) is another beautiful pick! This includes the following five 0.14 oz scents:
- Amber Musk Eau de Parfum
- Lilac Path Eau de Parfum
- Hibiscus Palm Eau de Parfum
- Mediterranean Honeysuckle Eau de Parfum
- Tangier Vanille Eau de Parfum
I was delighted to see they included the newest scent, Hibiscus Palm, in this set.
Moving into the land of makeup there are a good deal of sets and palettes worth exploring.
Becca’s Sananas Passport to Glow Parisian Glow Set ($46) is worth a pick up to grab up the Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter in Parisian Lights if you don’t already have it! The set also includes:
- Soft Light Blurring Powder in Golden Hour (0.13 oz)
- Backlight Priming Filter (0.5 oz)
- Glow Gloss in Rose Quartz (0.18 oz)
Another nice value set is the Clinique All About Nudes Pop Lip Color + Primer Set ($29.50) which includes five mini shades of Pop Lip Color in the following shades:
- Beige Pop
- Bare Pop
- Nude Pop
- Blushing Pop Matte
- Beach Pop Matte
Summer is here and of course everyone wants a good glow this Bobbi Brown Mini Glow Set ($32) is a perfect way to get that Summer glow with a Mini Shimmer Brick in Rose (0.14 oz.) and Mini Face Blender Brush.
Gone are the days that Nordstrom gets an exclusive MAC Collection for the Anniversary Sale like days gone by! They switched over to Look in a Box Sets about six or so years ago. This year, they are concentrating on the the all-on-palette MAC is so fond if launching towards their younger makeup lovers. This one is cute as it’s called “Nordy Girl”.
The set is $44.50 and it includes:
- Palette featuring Eyeshadows in Playing Innocent (muted taupe brown matte), Bucket List (soft golden peachy brown matte), Solid Goldie (true gold with pearl matte), Full Moon (soft gold peach satin shine), Hunny (bronze-dipped peach matte), Mischief Maker (muted reddish brown matte), Cocoa Daze (light reddish brown satin shine) and Night Skies (muted blackish brown matte); Highlighter in Champagne & Oysters (gold peach with gold pearl)
- Modern Twist Kajal Liner in Squid (0.01 oz.)
- In Extreme Dimension Lash Mascara in 3D Black (0.44 oz.)
Top on my list of must buys would be this Charlotte Tilbury Pretty Glowing Skin Palette ($75) that contains:
- Airbrush Powder #2 (a warm powder with golden undertones and a soft velvety texture)
- Blush in Pretty (a youthful rosy flush to illuminate any skin type)
- Glow (top left) (a soft champagne to highlight and illuminate)
- Bronze and Contour (a neutral cocoa to tone, slim, sculpt and define)
- Summer Blush (a bright coral with a soft sheen)
- Glow (bottom right) (opalescent with golden/pink undertone to layer and highlight)
Another palette that looks intriguing is the NARS Hot Escape Eye & Cheek Palette ($49) that brings together four eyeshadows, highlighter, and blush into one Summer travel-worthy palette!
- Eyeshadow in Aurora (matte cream)
- Eyeshadow in Yucatan (shimmering taupe)
- Eyeshadow in Endless (shimmering warm gold)
- Eyeshadow in Next Wave (shimmering graphite)
- Highlighter in Sunstreak (shimmering pale pink)
- Blush in Hot Pursuit (matte rose)
What’s on your Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018?