Majorca Majolica Summer Collection 2008: Review with FOTD

Majorca Majolica’s early Summer Collection is a small release of some very nice products. This release brings a new mascara entitled Lash Heat Metallic which is a burnt orange color, a shimmering metallic powder in gold, and some nail polishes. I purchased the powder and the mascara and left the nail polishes.

Picture+167

Picture+172

Picture+169

The powder is a similar affair to the Holiday release and is entitled Powder Metallic Heat which is fitting as it’s a gold shimmering powder where as the Holiday release was a sparkling white. The packaging is identical to the previous release which is a small container with lid and a powder puff. The color does appear gold but has hints of bronzy orange to it as well. I personally don’t think it’s pigmented enough to use alone but more for use as a highlighter. You can use it for a variety of purposes such as on your eyes, body, or face. It’s very pretty and I’m happy to have it to add to my MJ Collection.

Picture+176

Picture+177

Picture+178

Picture+179

Picture+185

Picture+186

The mascara is a gorgeous shimmering metallic burnt orange with hints of gold sparkle and is entitled Lash Heat Metallic. It’s beautiful on and very flattering with both gold and orange eyeshadows. I decided to pair it up with gold and orange as pictured in the ad for the Summer release.

I used the mascara by itself but I believe it works best when combined with your normal mascara. First apply a coat of black mascara and finish with an overcoat of the Lash Heat Metallic. I find when applying a base it emphasizes the color of the Lash Heat Metallic beautifully and you end up with gorgeous orange/gold shimmering lashes! This is the 2nd release of a colored mascara from Majolica Majorca. Last Summer MJ released a deep true blue mascara overcoat that was deliciously bright and bold!

Picture+170

Picture+174

Picture+188

Both the powder and mascara are beautiful additions to your Summer cosmetic collections and well worth adding to your shopping list! I really love this collection! A palette in golds and oranges would have been brilliant to go along with the powder and mascara.

I paid the original price for the mascara and powder which was 1200 yen and 1400 yen. This is respectively about $12 and $14 USD. I’ve seen the prices range for about $5-6 or more on top of retail on online shops. You can see my Guide to Japanese Shopping for further information about purchasing these products online.

What I Used:

Eyes
Majorca Majolica Lash Heat Metallic
MAC Eyeshadow in Firespot
Majorca Majolica Frozen Splash Eyes in GD 821

Lips
Majorca Majolica Hydrating Lipgloss in OR317

Face
Aromaleigh Rocks! Mineral Powder Blush in SundayGirl

I tried to do a really close up image so you can see the Lash Heat Metallic on!

Picture+283

Picture+306

Picture+307

Picture+301

Picture+302

Picture+303

Picture+304

Picture+305

Lash Heat Metallic and Powder Heat Metallic are both Muse Approved for purchase!

musegold

museotherposts

Read more about the Majorca Majolica Summer Collection by clicking here!

Click here to see my collection of Majorca Majolica Mascaras including the Holiday Release and last Summer’s blue overcoat!

Click here to read my review of Majorca Majolica’s Spring Collection!

• 5/12/08 12:38 Taryn:

I love it! It actually did turn your lashes a different color, something which never happens with colored mascaras (Bad Gal Blue, Max Factor’s new ones, MAC’s LE ones) for me. Oh boy, I’m going to have to get at least the mascara…

Very nice FOTD – you look great in sunset colors!

• 5/12/08 12:44 MandyPandy:

I’m not sure how I feel about the powder, but I’m really loving the mascara (and eyeliner)!

• 5/12/08 14:05 Adina:

So sunny and fun on a not so sunny day. Love it!

• 5/12/08 14:16 (g)ezebel:

gorgeous!! the packaging is really pretty. :0)

• 5/12/08 15:10 Bjooti:

Wow! Those eyes. The makeup is fabulous! I love that color mascara on you. Stunning!

• 5/12/08 17:31 Becky:

Good to know because I’ll have access to MJMJ in Taiwan! I think I’ll safely skip these though! Can’t wait for the next reviews (anxiously waiting!!)

• 5/12/08 18:14 nilla cookie:

Muse! Heat Lash is HOT on you!! You pull off these shades so well!

Hope you’re having a good day my friend and that the weather’s not too dreadful in NYC.

• 5/12/08 18:42 Heather:

Wow! The mascara is stunning. Wish I could get my hands on some. :(

• 5/12/08 19:04 Critty:

Orange sparkly mascara?! Very cool. Love the look on you, looking good!!

Big hugs,
    Critty

• 5/12/08 19:24 petitebelle:

oooh this is a very different look for you Muse! Usually you are always sporting cool colors but this warm and bronzey look is great! Definitely a refreshing change. Thanks for the reviews, that mascara looks delish.

• 5/12/08 22:38 alien man?!:

that is fricken awesome

• 5/13/08 0:22 Askmewhats:

hell yah! Your photos are “Nikki” a.k.a. Askmewhats APPROVED! Lovely, i love the shimmer and it looks very sparkly and joyful!!!

• 5/13/08 4:15 Beauty Addict:

Hey Izzy, how’s your weekend and Monday? No Monday blues I hope ;)

ooh Musey I’m so jealous of your big eyes. You really can pull off this orange fotd! Not your usual colour but looks very spring :) Orange on my eyes always looks as if I was crying the whole night or down with sore eyes :(

I think the powder might be good for faking a tan eh ;)

Have a great week ahead! :)

gracie

• 5/13/08 5:22 Emilee @ GMM:

What a gorgeous mascara! I’m not one for colored mascaras, but it looks quite natural considering that it’s a burnt orange color! :P

• 5/13/08 6:02 petitez:

Fire red mama! hehehe…. Love this look. The mascara is gorgeous too!!!

• 5/13/08 7:05 the Muse:

hey taryn!

thanks! It really does work. I have the blue from last year and it works even better actually ;)

The collection was tiny and I think the mascara was the best of the two items :)

Thanks ;) Appreciate it!

• 5/13/08 7:06 the Muse:

hey mandy!

The powder is alright. It’s a nice shimmer but the mascara is the best!

The eyeliner is actually just eyeshadow ;)

hehe!

I improvised ;)

• 5/13/08 7:07 the Muse:

hiya gez!

I agree! I always love the packaging on MJ ;)

• 5/13/08 7:08 the Muse:

hiya beky!

yay! Awesome! I wish I was in Taiwan :) Be rolling around all the cheap cosmetics hehe. Next review is KATE’s new shadows wahoo!

• 5/13/08 7:09 the Muse:

hey miss cookie!

I’m ok! Weather has been cold but it looks alright today! Cross your fingers for me!

Hugs!
    Talk to you soon! I’ve been swamped with everything so haven’t had a sec to reply to your email. I did get it :)

• 5/13/08 7:10 the Muse:

hiya heather!

You can! Read my guide to Japanese Cosmetics :) Plenty of places to purchase it online!

*hugs*

• 5/13/08 7:12 the Muse:

hi petite :)

Thanks!!!!!!!! I’ll be doing a bronzy look this week in celebration of UD’s Summer Collection :)

Let’s see how that comes out hehe!

You’re most welcome! My pleasure :)

I missed you! Been ages since you commented!

Hugs!

• 5/13/08 7:13 the Muse:

hi alien man :)

thanks hehe!

• 5/13/08 7:15 the Muse:

hey gracie!

Happy belated Monday :) Monday Blues ugh yes lol! After a beautiful weekend it’s SOOOOOO hard to come back to work :)

Hope your weekend was gorgeous!

Lord don’t be they are buggy and big :P

I like oranges. Lucky enough they actually work well with my skin :) =) Maybe you can use them as just a liner???

Have a wonderful week!
    We’ll talk throughout I’m sure :)

• 5/13/08 7:16 the Muse:

hi emilee!

I concur :) It’s very pretty. It doesn’t look too bad at all especially since it’s so bold, I agree :)

Thanks for the comment! Hugs!

• 5/13/08 7:27 petitez:

Tempted but no coz I’m not adventurous enough to use the mascara. I think orange mascara is abit too weird for asian eyes? No? But i do love it on u. :)

Have you purchase from Jpmon before? Are they reliable?

• 5/13/08 8:51 Marty Pauline:

Orange is a hard color to pull off and you do it very well, you have the skin tone for it. I envy you. I’ve got olive skin so this might work better as a highlight mascara because of the copperry sheen. MJMJ does indeed have great marcara. I have the blue myself. Looking forward to your next review

• 5/14/08 6:27 the Muse:

I dunno..Hmm..I think the model looks amazing Serene :) Why not for asian eyes? I think it’d look fab with gold!

I’ve done a zillion articles on jpmon hehe. Haven’t you seen them? Tutorials and everything :)

You even helped me with a translation once for jpmon remember? ;)

They are reliable :) I’ve ordered from them a few times!

• 5/14/08 6:28 the Muse:

morning marty :)

Thanks so much *blush*

I think it works best over mascara. Gets the lashes more saturated with the colors so to speak!

The blue is awesome isn’t it?

I’m working on kate next..I think :) I try to do fotd’s with them daily so my reviews are a little slow coming ;)

Thanks for all your great comments!

• 5/15/08 7:14 petitez:

Yes I remember. :) Just wasn’t too sure if they are reliable as I’m not sure how many times you ordered from them before. ;)

Oh man… You’re tempting me to get the mascara… To buy or not to buy? hehehe…. Lets see if it gets hopped into my shopping cart. :P

P.S. This is one of my fav looks from u. :)

• 5/15/08 8:29 the Muse:

cool :) I’ve order from them about 8-9 times now I think or maybe more?

It’s good service :)

You should get it! It’s fab!

Aw thanks honey *hugs*

How are you liking your milani btw?

• 5/16/08 7:03 petitez:

Other than abit of glitter fall out, I’m loving them! Lily white is a great base. Very happy with them. :)

• 5/16/08 9:41 the Muse:

fall out for me too pets :P Lily White is a fab base ;)

I love ‘em but hate the fall out sigh! But so it goes with all glitter shadows!

• 5/19/08 2:02 Anonymous:

wow ! nice look.
    the liner is firespot? is it le?

payment for jpmon is by CC or paypal?

really like this look !!

yeah, bought the MM powder too..
    hehe.

lily of the valley

• 5/19/08 8:27 the Muse:

hello Anonymous!

It’s actually an eyeshadow :) I used it as a liner though. Sadly yes :( It was from a collection released last Summer from MAC!
    I imagine it’s around ebay!

Credit Card at jpmon only sorry :-(

The MM powder is nice but I love the mascara best eh ;)

• 5/21/08 22:58 Anonymous:

any other replacement e/s or liner for firespot, that would be avail currently?

• 5/22/08 9:24 the Muse:

hi anonymous.

Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow in Heat is a good dupe :)

Hope this helps!